Subject: ftpd with proper NT authentication?
From: [email-masked] (Roman Mitnitski)

25 Mar 1998 01:21:48 -0800
Message-ID: <Pine.GSO.3.96-heb-2.07.980320154533.9515A-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@sunray>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

 Hi.
 I was wondering if someone did ftpd that uses real NT authentication
and works from inetd.
 The in.ftpd from Sergey's remote package uses /etc/passwd with crypted
passwords, and that requires separate maintanence. (To sync user's
passwords with /etc/password I would have to bring each user to NT and
them type their password again :)
 Besides, that in.ftpd does not set user  privileges, so any regular user
can wreck the system.
 
 I may as well try and make use of the methods Sergey used in his login.c
utility, and add proper authentication and permissions etc.
 But first I'd like to check with you, people, maybe there's good in.ftp
around? What pitfalls should I expect?

 And yes, I know, there are shareware ftpds around. 

 Thanks in advance.
 Roman

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".