Subject: Re: Newbie questions.... [NBY]
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

24 Mar 1998 17:27:56 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

>From: "Nagle, Adrian" <[email-masked]>
>To: GNU-WIN32 Project <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Newbie questions....
>Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 11:17:45 -0700
>
>I am interested in the CYGWIN-32 project.  Since at work, I must use 
NT,
>I keep pulling hairs out when the ls command doesn't work.  Fortunately
>I found CYGWIN-32 and the bash shell.  That seems to solve my problem.
>
>However, some questions.  I've tried to find the information on the 
web,
>but haven't been successful.  How does bash work in CYGWIN-32?  I can't
>figure out how to set the $HOME variable.  I have my .bash_profile and
>.bashrc in my home directory to configure my environment, but executing
>the cygnus.bat file (to start bash) will not source those files and it
>puts me in the desktop directory.  How do I configure bash so that it
>sources my config files?

Add "SET HOME=<HOMEPATH>" to the cygnus.bat file where <HOMEPATH> is to 
be substituted for the path you want it to be.

>
>Or, better yet, what is the best link for the documentation?  That 
could
>answer more of my questions (i.e. getting g77 to work).

See the list of URL's below my signature.

>
>Thanks for the help.
>
>Adrian
>
>-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
>Adrian Nagle                                      Tele: 303-939-6518
>Thermal Engineer                                   FAX: 303-939-5166
>Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.
>Boulder, Colorado
>http://www.ball.com/aerospace/batchp.html
>
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/       (German mirror)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=gnu-win32&r=1&w=2#gnu-win32
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com
add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

Help for Win32 Beginners: http://www.relisoft.com

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".