Subject: Out of virtual memory during compile
From: [email-masked] (Kevin Hughes)

24 Mar 1998 09:53:14 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: "Gnuwin95 (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>

I have been trying to compile a file (very large) using -O3. I get a fail indicating that the system is out of
virtual store - specifically

	cc1plus.exe commit_and_inc Virtual_Alloc failed 

	virtual memroy exhausted.

I am running NT4.0/SP3 and have a dual 300Mhz PII with 256M of memory and 1G page file (512 + 512). 
When I use performacne monitor to check the usage I see the amount of memory available go down as
the compilation progresses but see NO page file activity (metering off? if so how do I turn it on?). 
Eventually the compilation fails BUT when it does there is STILL available memory and the page space 
looks ample.

Can anyone suggest a course of action which would avoid breaking the file up into smaller units.

Kevin

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".