Subject: calling GetCommandLine from EGCS 1.0.2 and other EGCS trouble
From: [email-masked] (Michael Lemke)

24 Mar 1998 09:37:58 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

On the weekend, I installed b19 with the b19.1 dll, egcs 1.0.2 from Mumit's
site and tried to recompile a simple program for b19 that worked fine on b18.

Problem:  It calls GetCommandLine (or what it's called -- no access to PC
from here).  In b18 GetCommandLine returns every arg with a space appended,
e.g.

       foo arg1 arg2 arg3
       
returns in b18 (without the quotes)

       "arg1 "
       "arg2 "
       "arg3 "
       
which leads to the special case

      foo
      
to return

      " "

In b19 this works differently.  I haven't tried yet to figure out what
happens but something's definately different.  The logic to determine
whether args are there doesn't work anymore.

Another questions:

g77 .... -Wl,--subsystem,windows

doesn't work anymore.  What's the trick now?

Michael
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".