Subject: Command line debuggers of MS Visual C/C++?
From: [email-masked] (Geoff Hart)

24 Mar 1998 09:02:35 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

Hi,

Is there a way to debug code compiled by the Microsoft compilers (i.e.
not gcc) from the command line?  I've used WinDbg for local debugging,
that works fine.  But what I'd like to do is be able to telnet into a
box, and debug that way (maybe even telnet from a Sun, HP, or IBM).

I know gdb can do what I want (command-line debugging), but it doesn't
seem to understand the debug information provided by the MS compilers.

Thanks,
Geoff

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".