Subject: B19.1 HOME environment variable not handled correctly whe...
From: [email-masked] (Lincoln Baxter)

24 Mar 1998 09:02:32 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

Subject:
B19.1 HOME environment variable not handled correctly when it is not
on C:
---------------------------------

Lincoln Baxter@PRIMAVERA
03/23/98 01:03 PM

I have HOME defined in the WinNT environment as q:\Lincoln  (Q: is a
Mapped Drive);

When running in B19.1 from the bash project, windows executables (such
as the Active Port of Perl) are given HOME as:
'q;c:\Lincoln'

Somehow this is making the assumption that home is on c:

B18 handles this just fine....

In my view this and the fact that setting CYGWIN32=title causes all
commands to crash makes this release pretty unusable.... I hope it
gets better,
b18 in comparison is FAR better.

Lincoln

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".