Subject: Re: Ensuring this is what I am really looking for... (NBY)
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

23 Mar 1998 07:35:24 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Sorry I'm just getting back to you on this, the mail from Cygnus and the 
delivery at Hotmail combined I've just gotten this.

>From: Jeff Coleman <[email-masked]>
>To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Ensuring this is what I am really looking for...
>Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 13:19:57 -0800
>
>Group,
>
>I found the GNU-Win32 tools and library ports on the web and just 
wanted
>to clarify if this is, in fact, a solution to a problem I am having or
>if I am way off track. I have a normal NT DLL that is built under the
>MSVC environment and links with the standard libraries to run under NT.
>I need to make calls in my code that would normally be run on a Unix
>client (linked with GNU's libc) so I can communicate with a Unix 
server.
>What this encompasses is using an "NT'd" version of these calls. Is the
>cygwin.dll the ported version that I am looking for? If so, it is not
>clear to me as to how a normal NT Win32 app (or DLL, in my case) links
>with this library. Is there an import library (cygwin.lib) or are calls

There exists a libcygwin.a for your import library.  If you use the 
cygwin gcc to build your package it would probably be best.  Others have 
used MSVC but there are things you have to do.  Search the archives for 
MSVC (see the URL list below my signature).

>made using LoadLibrary() and GetProcAddress() into the cygwin.dll? Or 
am
>I completely off base? Please excuse my ignorance on this...I am 
digging
>for info.
>
>Thank you in advance,
>
>Jeff Coleman
>
>

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/       (German mirror)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=gnu-win32&r=1&w=2#gnu-win32
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com
add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

Help for Win32 Beginners: http://www.relisoft.com

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".