Subject: Re: [ANN] egcs-1.0.2, binutils-980303 for Cygwin32 b19
From: [email-masked]

22 Mar 1998 13:53:12 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

I installed egcs on my system (cygwinb19) and used it to do a Mingw32
compile of lynx, the web browser.  I also used windres to convert a
lynx.rc file to a lynxres.o file and attempted to link it into lynx.exe.

lynx.exe works fine, but Windows explorer still can't find the icon.

Do you think there is a reason that commercial compilers use a separate
program to bind .res files to .exe files?

>   Mumit Khan ([email-masked])
>   Tue, 17 Mar 1998 19:04:15 -0600
>I've uploaded the pre-built binaries for egcs-1.0.2 and binutils-980303
>to my ftp server. These are meant to replace the b19 compiler and binary
>utilities, so the pathnames are compatible with b19.
>
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".