Subject: Ensuring this is what I am really looking for...
From: [email-masked] (Jeff Coleman)

21 Mar 1998 05:52:17 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

Group,

I found the GNU-Win32 tools and library ports on the web and just wanted
to clarify if this is, in fact, a solution to a problem I am having or
if I am way off track. I have a normal NT DLL that is built under the
MSVC environment and links with the standard libraries to run under NT.
I need to make calls in my code that would normally be run on a Unix
client (linked with GNU's libc) so I can communicate with a Unix server.
What this encompasses is using an "NT'd" version of these calls. Is the
cygwin.dll the ported version that I am looking for? If so, it is not
clear to me as to how a normal NT Win32 app (or DLL, in my case) links
with this library. Is there an import library (cygwin.lib) or are calls
made using LoadLibrary() and GetProcAddress() into the cygwin.dll? Or am
I completely off base? Please excuse my ignorance on this...I am digging
for info.

Thank you in advance,

Jeff Coleman

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".