Subject: Amylaar mud driver for windows 95
From: [email-masked] (Tim Blommerde)

20 Mar 1998 08:08:46 -0800
Message-ID: <01bd5265$889850e0$0400a8c0.cygnus.gnu-win32@tam-al-thor>
Reply-To: "Tim Blommerde" <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

Dear reader,

  As a fantasy lover and frequent computer user, I always had a great weak
for so called muds, Multi User Dimensions. In my early days of mudding I
used to play a lot, but that tendency grew weaker and weaker as the years
advanced and I started coding for muds. Nowadays I still like to code for
muds in the few spare hours I can find, mostly for the benefit of other
muds. I even started my own mud on a Linux partition on my own machine, so I
could code for myself and try things out. Now my problem is that I need to
run Windows 95 on my machine most of the time, for my work and study and
rebooting the machine every time to code a few min on my mud is getting
pretty lame. That's why I was quite excited to hear of the Gnu-Win32
project. I immediatly downloaded the cdk.exe file and the latest version of
the Amylaar driver (the driver for the mud), installed Gnu-Win32 and tried
to build the driver. Alas, it didn't work. The autoconfigure program that
comes with the mud hangs after a while and even though I tried
writing/changing the Makefile and the include files generated by the
autoconfigure program, I can't get it to work. I ain't a Linux guru, nor do
I have much experience withbuilding and compiling stuff, that's why I'm
looking for someone who can help me with it, or who has already build the
Amylaar driver in compat mode for Windows95.
  So if anyone out there has some spare time and is willing to help another
human being with fullfilling one of his dearest wishes, or if anyone has
already build the Amylaar mud driver, mail me and tell me what to do or ask
any questions regarding what goes wrong. I've got the amylaar driver stuff
at home and can mail it to you if you want to test things or try something
out to see what goes wrong. I don't think mailing the error messages I get
to this list will help, but if you think that might be of any help to me.
mail me too and I'll post the errors I get to this list.

Thanks for reading all the above,
Tim Blommerde
aka Puck Al'Rakham

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".