Subject: Re: cp problem with beta 18 and beta 19
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

19 Mar 1998 21:38:38 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Do you have your filesystems mounted as text!=binary or as text=binary?  
In b19 if you "export CYGWIN32=binmode" are the results the same?

>From: VS4FE6_PC3 <[email-masked]>
>To: "'GNU-Win32 Newsgroup mail'" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: cp problem with beta 18 and beta 19
>Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 09:02:30 +-100
>
>Hello,
>
>I have the following problem with beta 18 and with beta 19 on two 
different Win 95 PC:
>
>  Execute the following command on the local drive 
>
>	cp t1.out t2.out
>
>  and the results of the ~200kB BINARY file are not identical!!
>
>Does anyone know a solution? If someone want to verify the problem, I 
would be glad to mail the files to him.
>
>Thank you
>
>
>
>
>-

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=gnu-win32&r=1&w=2#gnu-win32
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com
add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

Help for Win32 Beginners: http://www.relisoft.com

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".