Subject: winsup\tty.c
From: [email-masked] (Jeffrey Altman)

19 Mar 1998 14:55:14 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------5446DD9EE409C7908E407860"
To: [email-masked]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------5446DD9EE409C7908E407860
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

In tty.c there are complaints about the inability to do overlapped-io
on anonymous pipes.  The solution is do not use pipes, use sockets.
create a socketpair() function similar to that used on unix and then
perform all of your pipe operations with sockets.  the benefits of 
select() on your code are unimaginable.
--------------5446DD9EE409C7908E407860
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Description: Card for Jeffrey Altman
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="vcard.vcf"

begin:          vcard
fn:             Jeffrey Altman
n:              Altman;Jeffrey
org:            Kermit Development Group - Columbia University
adr:            612 West 115th Street;;Room 716;New York;NY;10025;USA
email;internet: [email-masked]
title:          Sr. Software Developer
tel;work:       +1 (212) 854-1344
tel;fax:        +1 (212) 662-6442
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
end:            vcard

--------------5446DD9EE409C7908E407860--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".