Subject: Compiling gcc 2.8.1
From: [email-masked] (Ronald Pijnacker)

18 Mar 1998 13:56:10 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hello all,

I have CDK b19 and I am trying to compile the source of gcc 2.8.1
myself, because I need the objective-c part. I am expreriencing the
following problems:

in prefix.c there are some functions that cannot be resolved.
   RegOpenKeyExA and RegQueryValueExA.
Which library do they belong to?

After commenting this stuff out (is that smart?) I get a stage 1
compilation. When building the stage 2 compiler, I get the error
message: crt0.o not found.

After copying it from /Cygnus/B18/H-.../i386-cygwin32/lib/crt0.o the
compilation of the compiler continued, and I was able to do a 'make
install', and I have a compiler. However, I do not have the crt0.o in
the place where it should be
(/usr/local/gcc-2.8.1/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin32/2.8.1).

Does anybody have any clues to what went wrong, and what I should do?
Thanks,

	Ronald Pijnacker
	[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".