Subject: Small but annoying tcsh problem - any remedies?
From: [email-masked] (Roman Mitnitski)

18 Mar 1998 05:24:50 -0800
Message-ID: <Pine.GSO.3.96-heb-2.07.980317115100.12900A-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@sunray>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

 Hi.

 I encouner constistent problem with very long command lines of tcsh when
it runs in console window (NT 4 SP3). Every time cursor reaches last (80s)
column of the window it automatically goes to the next line AND tcsh adds
new line. After this, editing of the line is nearly impossible because it
looks like a mess. (I heard same problem was encoutered with ncurses -
tests show that character at 80:25 position causes extra scroll up. BTW
this bug shows in xemacs in console mode when long message is printed in
status line)

 Since I have very little knowledge of workings of termcap and ncurses,
perhaps someone here knows what (if any) changes need to be made to
termcap or terminfo to fix the problem.

 Another question (less important) is how comes that if I start job in the
background (i.e. xterm starts from console tcsh window) and then exit from
the shell background job (like, xterm) gets killed?

 Thanks in advance

 Roman

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".