Subject: Inetd
From: [email-masked] (Walter Garcia-Fontes)

17 Mar 1998 21:41:42 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------E71D55FC1CAC15D818BEAB67"
To: Gnuwin32 <[email-masked]>

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------E71D55FC1CAC15D818BEAB67
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I am trying to install the remote.tar.gz package of S. Ohapkin
and having problems right from the beginning.

My setup NT 4.0 SP3 on a FAT, Pent.200.
cygwin32 b19 installed on a network disk

I tried the tree ways mentioned in Serguei page to start inetd as
a service. "svrany" and Invoker seem to be similar, they just
write the register for you. I tried AutoexNT according to an old
message (from november) that explained how to do it but froze my
computer badly.

I finally managed to get inetd started by putting inetd.exe on
c:\winnt and cygwin19.dll in c:\winnt\system32 ( is this
necessary? when I keep it in my original location or cygwin19.dll
is not in winnt/system32 inetd will not start).

But now inetd does not respond when I request a service (telnet,
ftp, etc).

Also: I don't understand the issue of "user rights". Who should
have these user rights mentioned in Serguei's page, the user
logging in ? The inetd process (is it possible to set user rights
for a process?)

If I run inetd from the command line then inetd responds to
requests, so the problem seems to be setting it right as a
service.

My mount table is:
Device           Directory           Type        Flags
\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      text=binary
\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      text=binary
\\.\com4         /dev/serial4        native      text=binary
\\.\com3         /dev/serial3        native      text=binary
\\.\com2         /dev/serial2        native      text=binary
\\.\com1         /dev/serial1        native      text=binary
\\.\NUL:         /dev/null           native      text=binary
\\.\NUL:         /dev/nul            native      text=binary
\\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      text=binary
\\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      text=binary
\\\\.\\d:        /dev/cdrom          native      text=binary
c:               /boot               native      text=binary
x:\cygnus\b19\h-i386-cygwin32   /                   native
text=binary

everything is installed in this last directory (/usr/local/ etc).

Thanks in advance for any help,
Walter Garcia-Fontes.

--------------E71D55FC1CAC15D818BEAB67
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Description: Card for Walter  <B> Garcia-Fontes </B>
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="vcard.vcf"

begin:          vcard
fn:             Walter  <B> Garcia-Fontes </B>
n:              <B> Garcia-Fontes </B>;Walter 
org:            <EM> Departament d'Economia  -  Universitat Pompeu Fabra </em>
adr:            <A HREF="http://www.econ.upf.es"> http://www.econ.upf.es </A>;;Ramon Trias Fargas 25-27;Barcelona;;08005;Spain
email;internet: [email-masked]
title:          <A HREF="http://puna.upf.es"> http://puna.upf.es</A>
tel;work:       +34 3 542 27 22
tel;fax:        +34 3 542 1746
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

--------------E71D55FC1CAC15D818BEAB67--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".