Subject: Re: mc-4.1 report under B19 with ncurses 1.9.9e installed
From: [email-masked] (Dr. Volker Zell)

17 Mar 1998 21:41:01 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by tm-edit 7.106)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Hi

    Anon> Ok.  I have compiled mc-4.1.11. [with ncurses 1.9.9e] on
    Anon> cygwin32 b19 + coolview(b19) WindowsNT 4.0 SP 3.

    Anon> Environment variables are: CYGWIN32= notitle tty TERM=linux

I use the same ones.

    Anon> Ctrl+0 = "Not an xterm or Linux console; the panels cannot
    Anon> be toggled "

    Anon> Any suggestions ?

I compiled the latest version 4-1.27 with the patches from Sergey.
Compilation worked fine. First I had the same problem and C-o didn't
work.
Then I realised that I had 

  export SHELL=/bin/sh 

in my .bashrc. When I changed this to 

  export SHELL=/bin/bash 

I can finally toggle the windows off and on. 

The remaining problem is: After executing a command like ls, the
output is erased right before the MC main screen is displayed again in
a normal Bash window.

I do NOT have this problem when running MC in an rxvt window. Here the
output is still visible after toggling with C-o.

By the way I compiled MC with the included Slang library. The B18
compiled version works perfect, but in the B19 version during fast
scrolling I see black lines messing up the screen. A C-l (refresh)
works but is quite annoying.

Any hints  ??

Ciao

 Volker

-- 
___________________________________________________________________________

   "Is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse ..."

                                                 Dr. Volker Zell
      __ /  _  /  __  / ___/  /    ___/          -- Trainer --
     /  /  /__/  /_  / /     /    __/            Oracle Germany
   ____/__/ _|__/ __/____/ ____/____/            Paul-Thomas-Str.58 
                                                 D-40599 D|sseldorf
   e-Mail: mailto:[email-masked]
   WWW:    http://trgsund4.de.oracle.com/
   Tel:    (+49) 211-74839-414                   
   Fax:    (+49) 211-74839-44
___________________________________________________________________________

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily 
represent those of Oracle Corporation.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".