Subject: Emacs 20.2 port in the works
From: [email-masked] (Parker, Ron)

17 Mar 1998 21:29:13 -0800
Message-ID: <c=US%a=_%p=Butler_Manufactu%l=BUILDINGS/BLDGSHUB/[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

I am porting the newest version of Emacs, currently 20.2, to the
gnu-win32 environment. Its probably asking for trouble by anouncing this
before it is completed. But, I wanted to spare anyone from duplicating
my efforts and to be certain I am not duplicating someone else's work.

Currently I have emacs working in X-windows.  File loading needs to be
corrected. Currently files can be opened from dired only. For some
reason other methods fail.

I am planning on releasing X and X-less versions and will add
subprocesses, dumping, and lesstif widgets prior to releasing it. 

If you are aware of any test suites for emacs, let me know. 

If there are things you want to be sure work, e-mail me before I release
it. My e-mail is days faster than the mailing list.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".