Subject: Re: Where does the "\n" to "\r\n" conversion take place?
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

17 Mar 1998 21:25:25 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

>Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 14:36:51 GMT
>From: [email-masked]
>Subject: Where does the "\n" to "\r\n" conversion take place?
>To: [email-masked]
>
>One thing you discover if you use cygwin with mingw32 to make the lynx
>web browser is that fputc('\n', fp) or fprintf(fp, "\n") in cygwin
>behaves like fprintf(fp, "\r\n") in mingw32.  Since cygwin can be 
set=20
>up to generate mingw32 code, this means that, somewhere outside of
>gcc, the conversion from "\n" to "\r\n" is made.  Or, that there is a
>compiler switch that causes one of the gcc overlays to make this
>conversion, and the mingw32 minimalist system doesn't use it.
>
>Anyone have information on this topic?

I don't have any specifics, but I've noticed that the default read mode 
will read \n or \r\n and the default write mode is to output \r\n.  I 
believe that this behavior is built into the crtdll.dll functions.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".