Subject: "timestamp: not found" error building cross compiler.
From: [email-masked] (Rosenow, Jim)

17 Mar 1998 06:08:15 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>,
        "[email-masked]'"
	 <[email-masked]>,
        "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

I'm trying to build a cross compiler for powerpc-eabi using egcs-1.0.1
on a cygwin32 b19 host.  The build stops with the error "timestamp: not
found" (see below).  I found where cstamp-h.in is getting the text
timestamp placed into it but I don't know enough about what is trying to
be accomplished to make a determination as to what to do to fix it.
Thanks for the help.

From Makefile in my build directory:

# cstamp-h.in controls rebuilding of config.in.
# It is named cstamp-h.in and not stamp-h.in so the mostlyclean rule
doesn't
# delete it.  A stamp file is needed as autoheader won't update the file
if
# nothing has changed.
# It remains in the source directory and is part of the distribution.
# This follows what is done in shellutils, fileutils, etc.
# "echo timestamp" is used instead of touch to be consistent with other
# packages that use autoconf (??? perhaps also to avoid problems with
patch?).
# ??? Newer versions have a maintainer mode that may be useful here.
$(srcdir)/config.in: $(srcdir)/cstamp-h.in
$(srcdir)/cstamp-h.in: $(srcdir)/configure.in $(srcdir)/acconfig.h
	cd $(srcdir) && autoheader
	echo timestamp > $(srcdir)/cstamp-h.in
config.h: cstamp-h ; @true
cstamp-h: config.in config.status
	CONFIG_HEADERS=config.h:config.in $(SHELL) config.status

Build output when the failure occurs:

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/rosenow/build-egcs/gcc'
touch stmp-multilib
/home/rosenow/build-egcs/gcc/xgcc -B/home/rosenow/build-egcs/gcc/
-DCROSS_COMPIL
E -DIN_GCC    -g -O2 -I./include     -c
.../../egcs-1.0.1/gcc/libgcc1-test.c
Testing libgcc1.  Ignore linker warning messages.
/home/rosenow/build-egcs/gcc/xgcc -B/home/rosenow/build-egcs/gcc/
-DCROSS_COMPIL
E -DIN_GCC    -g -O2 -I./include  libgcc1-test.o -o libgcc1-test \
  -nostartfiles -nostdlib `/home/rosenow/build-egcs/gcc/xgcc
-B/home/rosenow/bui
ld-egcs/gcc/ --print-libgcc-file-name`
timestamp: not found
make[1]: *** [libgcc1-test] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rosenow/build-egcs/gcc'
make: *** [cross] Error 2
make: Leaving directory `/home/rosenow/build-egcs'
bash-2.01$

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".