Subject: directory listings (fwd)
From: [email-masked] (John Huddleston)

17 Mar 1998 02:15:50 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text
To: [email-masked] (GNU 32)

Scott Mueller <[email-masked]> wrote;
> 
> I can't believe how incredibly frustrating it has been to simply display
> a list of files in the current directory with a c program.  I wrote code
> using opendir and readdir in dirent.h that works perfect.  However, I
> can't have that extra .dll file.  So, before I knew about mingw32, I
> downloaded djgpp and lcc.  djgpp worked, but would only list files as
> 8.3 format.  Then, lcc didn't have dirent.h.  It had io.h, which
> contained findfirst and findnext.  That seems to work except it keeps
> crashing after running?!  So, now I try mingw32 and compile, but get
> errors of
> unresolved references resembling those in part 2.7 of the readme.  I
> can't fix that.
> 
>  ...
> 
> Can anyone help me?  I just want to run a c program that displays
> filenames in the current directory at the dos prompt.  SO MUCH
> appreciation will be given!

Here's two for the cost of one (email that is!).  First is source
code in a file tree.c that will list files in a current directory.
Second is source for a 'type' command to find an executable in 
your path.  Two ways to find files.

John Huddleston
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".