Subject: More on the subject of the "go slow" in b19
From: [email-masked] (Administrator)

16 Mar 1998 10:09:29 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "Gnu-Win32 Archive (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>

This appears to be to do with the use of "cmd". Here are the results of
some tests:

1. inetd started by srvany with the executable as
"/usr/local/sbin/inetd.exe". Telnet then runs very fast indeed. Normal
cmd sessions are very slow.

2. inetd started by srvany with the executable as a cmd file that runs
inetd.exe and redirects its output to a log file. Telnet runs very slow
as does a normal cmd session.

In both cases, if I cd to the code directory "/Program\
Files/gnuwin32/H-i386-cygwin32" and run an ls I get the following dump:

	(unknown) Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
	(unknown) Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
	(unknown) Error while dumping state (probably corrupted stack)
	fork_helper: child died before initialization with win32 error 0
	bash: fork: No more processes

Running ls from any other location is fine. Weird.

Anyone seen and sorted this?

Lunto
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".