Subject: Where does the "\n" to "\r\n" conversion take place?
From: [email-masked]

16 Mar 1998 09:37:06 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

One thing you discover if you use cygwin with mingw32 to make the lynx
web browser is that fputc('\n', fp) or fprintf(fp, "\n") in cygwin
behaves like fprintf(fp, "\r\n") in mingw32.  Since cygwin can be set 
up to generate mingw32 code, this means that, somewhere outside of
gcc, the conversion from "\n" to "\r\n" is made.  Or, that there is a
compiler switch that causes one of the gcc overlays to make this
conversion, and the mingw32 minimalist system doesn't use it.

Anyone have information on this topic?
Œ
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".