Subject: RE: confused about latest release
From: [email-masked] (Sergey Okhapkin)

16 Mar 1998 09:21:57 -0800
Message-ID: <01BD4F4A.C76A2B40.cygnus.gnu-win32@sos>
To: "'Doug Bunting'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "'gnu-win32'" <[email-masked]>

Doug Bunting wrote:
> I'm a bit confused about the newest version of coolview.tar.gz.  This 
file
> seems to contain a version of cygwinb19.dll which is about twice as large 
as
> the version in Cygnus' own new-cygwinb19.dll.gz.  It is also about 13 
hours
> older than that file.
>

The dll I put in coolview.tar.gz is unstripped (some debug info is present 
in it). If your application traps inside the dll (addresses 
0x10000000-0x10004XXX), run

objdump --disassemble --start=0x"trap address" cygwinb19.dll | more

For examle, if an application traps at address 0x10003456:

objdump --disassemble --start=0x10003456 cygwinb19.dll | more

cygwinb19.dll:     file format pei-i386

Disassembly of section .text:

10003456 <_scroll_screen__16fhandler_consoleiiiiii+0x1e2>:
10003456:       66 68 61 6e     pushw  $0x6e61
1000345a:       64 6c           insb   (%dx),%es:(%edi)
1000345c:       65 72 5f        jb     100034be 
<_open__16fhandler_consolePCcii+
0xe>
1000345f:       63 6f 6e        arpl   %bp,0x6e(%edi)
10003462:       73 6f           jae    100034d3 
<_open__16fhandler_consolePCcii+
0x23>
10003464:       6c              insb   (%dx),%es:(%edi)
10003465:       65 3a 3a        cmpb   %gs:(%edx),%bh
10003468:       6f              outsl  %ds:(%esi),(%dx)
10003469:       70 65           jo     100034d0 
<_open__16fhandler_consolePCcii+
0x20>
1000346b:       6e              outsb  %ds:(%esi),(%dx)
1000346c:       28 63 6f        subb   %ah,0x6f(%ebx)
1000346f:       6e              outsb  %ds:(%esi),(%dx)
10003470:       73 74           jae    100034e6 
<_open__16fhandler_consolePCcii+
0x36>
10003472:       20 63 68        andb   %ah,0x68(%ebx)
-- More  --

Now I know - I have to search for a bug inside 
fhandler_console::scroll_screen() :-)

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia
Looking for a job

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".