Subject: Accept behaviour...
From: [email-masked] (Keet / Foxbird)

16 Mar 1998 00:35:03 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

There seems to be some really strange behaviour in the accept calls. After
calling accept about 50 times to poll socket activity, it just freezes
until a connection is established, rather than continuing the loop. The
socket is created, is a stream socket, set non-blocking, and then passed to
accept. The accept line looks like:

        new_socket = accept(sockettopoll, (struct sockaddr *)&foreign_addr,
                &sin_size);

Doesn't look overly strange, but for some reason, the code just stops at
this point and waits and waits for a connection that never shows. When a
connection does occur, the loop cycles does it's connection routine, and
then freezes again waiting for another accept..

any ideas on this?

- Greg

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".