Subject: Re: CYGWIN32 tools distribution CD-ROM?
From: [email-masked] (raf)

15 Mar 1998 15:58:23 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

From [email-masked] Fri Mar 13 23:17:48 1998
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 04:28:42 -0800 (PST)
From: Andrew Lynch <[email-masked]>
Subject: CYGWIN32 tools distribution CD-ROM?
To: [email-masked]
MIME-Version: 1.0

Andrew Lynch wrote:
>CYGWIN32 Gurus,
>Is there a CD-ROM of GNU, FreeBSD, X, and other tools that have been
>ported to CYGWIN32? I am looking for programs that are ready for
>installation (ie, includes the make and diff files that are ready for
>CYGWIN32 installation) or better yet, precompiled binaries?

>I have installed CYGWIN32 and think its great, but I'd rather not
>"reinvent the wheel" if folks have already ported the software over. 
>I think that "RedHat",  "Debian", and others make similiar products for
>Linix.

perhaps the cygwin32 web site could have an area (or a link to somewhere)
where anyone who is willing to host cygwin32 binaries for download
could add an entry informing others about it.

would any porters out there use something like this?

raf

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".