Subject: Problems linking LAPACK lib to C-code
From: [email-masked] (Peter Bienstman)

14 Mar 1998 14:16:52 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

Hi everyone,

I seem to be having a fairly basic linking problem.

I've compiled the Fortran LAPACK library with EGCS release 1.0 for Mingw32.
The compilation went fine, and the Fortran test routines included in the
package work as well.

I now want to use this library (which I've named liblapack.a) in my C-code,
but I can't seem to get the linking done. The linker complains about not
finding some symbols, although ar -t liblapack.a clearly confirms that
they're present in the library.

This is what I've done. I've first added the path of the directory where
liblapack.a resides to the LIBRARY_PATH variable, and then I've done a 'gcc
mystuff.o -llapack". No luck. Copying the library to a standard directory
where libm.a resides doesn't work either. I've also tried copying the
library to the current directory, specifying the directory with the -L
option, trying -lliblapack.a, and all possible combinations I can think off,
but nothing works...

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong ?

Many thanks,

----------------------------------
Peter Bienstman
INTEC / University of Gent
St.-Pietersnieuwstraat 41
B-9000 Gent - Belgium
Email: [email-masked]
Tel : +32 9 264 3445
Fax : +32 9 264 3593
----------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".