Subject: b19: unlink (and hence "rm") takes forever
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

13 Mar 1998 22:52:19 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Anybody notice if unlinking or any other operation in a directory with
lots of files (say 600+) is *really* slow!!

While building Win32 export libraries, I noticed that building
libkernel32.a etc was taking hours on a fast machine, which took
just a few minutes under b19. The culprit turns out to be "unlink",
and deleting the 650+ files just never finish on NT 4.0 FAT system.

If I run dlltool with --nodelete and skip the unlinking of the temp
files, it finishes in minutes again, but it seems to be quite 
interdeteministic.

Anybody else seen such behaviour?

Mumit
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".