Subject: RCS-5.7 and B19
From: [email-masked] (Erwin Achermann)

13 Mar 1998 02:28:32 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
        [email-masked]

Earnie Boyd said:
> Goto Christopher Faylor's page and get the cygwinb19.zip file.  He has a 
> new version which may help.  Before starting bash try setting 
> CYGWIN32=notty.  If that doesn't work then exit bash set CYGWIN32=tty.  
> If that doesn't work, report it to Christopher.
> 
> NOTE: You cannot change the [no]tty value in the CYGWIN32 value after 
> bash has started.  This could cause crashes and core dumps.

I tried all combinations of [no]binmode [no]tty on Chris' cygwinb19.dll
Nothing helped! Sigh. rcs -i always fails in the presence of an RCS/
directory, leaving two empty lock files. It works though when no RCS/
directory is arround. So this must be a very subtle directory/file
handling bug.

Chris' cygwinb19.dll solved at least the problems with MikTeX and
cygwin. ( MikTeX was looping infinitely on ordinary TeX errors...) 

Will Chris' patches eventually show up in Sergey's coolview? What are
the plans with those two versions?

Cheers 
Erwin

-- 
Erwin Achermann                               Tel:      ++41 1 632 74 40
Institut fuer Wissenschaftliches Rechnen      Fax:      ++41 1 632 11 72
ETH Zentrum, IFW C29.2         mailto:[email-masked]  ICQ:4625051
CH-8092 Zuerich	               http://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/acherman/
>  Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, <
>  but when there is no longer anything to take away.                  <
>                                          -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery <
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".