Subject: Re: Newbi question about less (NBY)
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

12 Mar 1998 23:24:26 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
Cc: [email-masked]

>Reply-To: <@jps.net>
>From: "Ed Semblantes" <[email-masked]>
>To: <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Newbi question about less
>Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 05:25:22 -0800
>
>Hi there!
>I downloaded less from C. Faylor's page. When I tried to use it, I get 
an
>error that tells me I am supposed to have a file called cygwin.dll.  
Where
>do I get this file and what do I do with it? Is this the same as the
>cygwinb19.dll ?  Do I overwrite cygwinb19.dll ?

That less must have been built with version b18.  We are currently in 
version b19.  cygwin.dll is the name of the dll that match 
cygwinb19.dll.

You do not want to get rid of cygwinb19.dll, however, you do want the 
cygwinb19.dll and the sh.exe updates from C. Faylor's page.

As for less and the missing cygwin.dll you can ask Christopher if he 
would put up the last cygwin.dll he had or ask him to update less.exe or 
get the less package from ftp://prep.ai.mit.edu/pub/gnu and build it 
yourself.

>Confused.   Thanks for your help.
>
>Ed. {)

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=gnu-win32&r=1&w=2#gnu-win32
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com
add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

Help for Win32 Beginners: http://www.relisoft.com

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".