Subject: Re: Cygwin32 cross-compiler (to m68k)
From: [email-masked] (David Fiddes)

12 Mar 1998 17:17:26 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Steve Hanka" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>

Hi,

>I am trying to build a gcc-2.8.1 Win32 to m68k-coff cross-compiler.  I
>used the cygwin32 b19 release to make the 2.8.1 cross-compiler. I used
>./config --host=i386-cygwin32 --target=m68k-coff --with-gnu-as
>   --with-gnu-ld
>
>The compiler seems to work except that the 68K code generation is a
>bit weird.

If you hadn't already got there... you could try downloading my EGCS based
m68k cross-compiler binaries from
http://www.calm.hw.ac.uk/davidf/coldfire.htm which are now based on beta 19.

I got your last email first if you see what I mean.. I think your spot on
with your code generation ideas. The ColdFire and 68060 stuff did change a
LOT of the m68k.md thankfully as I'm a ColdFire user :) I think that there's
a few minor problems with the m68k.md generating strange inefficient code
under some circumstances but it should be mostly OK.

Dave

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".