Subject: RE: heap_chunk_size (WAS: Heap split)
From: [email-masked] (Parker, Ron)

12 Mar 1998 17:04:21 -0800
Message-ID: <c=US%a=_%p=Butler_Manufactu%l=BUILDINGS/BLDGSHUB/[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="---- =_NextPart_000_01BD4D9E.32D73CA0"
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
        "GNU-WIN32 Mailing List (E-mail)"
	 <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Ieperen, Johan van" <[email-masked]>

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------ =_NextPart_000_01BD4D9E.32D73CA0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I keep responding to the same questions. Not that I mind, but please 
search the mailing list archives before posting questions to the 
list.

The following information already exists in the mailing list 
archives:
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32/1998-Feb/0045.html and 
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32/1998-Feb/0046.html
or
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32/1997-Nov/0369.html and 
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32/1997-Nov/0437.html

After perusing the CDK source code I was able to find and verify the 
appropriate key. It is located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus 
Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0. The value must be named 
heap_chunk_in_mb and must be a DWORD value. BTW 4MB is the minimum.

If you set the value below 4 and run a cygwin application it will be 
reset to the minimum value of 4. This was how I tested that I had the 
right key and value name.

The following attachment will set heap_chunk_size_in_mb to the default 
value of 4. If you are uncomfortable editing the registry directly:
*	Save the attachment.
*	Edit the chunk size value to be what you would like.
*	Save your changes and double-click on the resulting file to merge 
them into the registry.

[[ Cygnus.reg : 4105 in WINMAIL.DAT ]]

-----Original Message-----
From:	"Zow" Terry Brugger [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Wednesday, March 11, 1998 4:13 AM
To:	GNU-WIN32 Mailing List (E-mail)
Subject:	Heap split

....
The heap has been split, CYGWIN can't fork this process.
Increase the heap_chunk_size in the registry and try again.
....

------ =_NextPart_000_01BD4D9E.32D73CA0
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

------ =_NextPart_000_01BD4D9E.32D73CA0--
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".