Subject: Unable to run B19.1 tix4180.exe, cygtclsh80.exe, & cygwish80.exe on NT4.0 sp3 i386 system
From: [email-masked] (Tom Epperly)

12 Mar 1998 16:17:20 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

I am running Windows NT 4.0 (Service pack 3) on a Pentium based motherboard.
I installed cygwin32 from the binary distribution (i.e. cdk.exe and
usertools.exe) and installed the b19.1 version of cygwinb19.dll.  I've tried
to run tix4180, cygtclsh80 and cygwish80 tools from a bash shell window,
MS-DOS window and from the Windows NT Explorer.  My experience is summarized
below.

Log of trying to run from bash window
=====================================
bash-2.01$ tix4180.exe
bash: /Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32/bin/tix4180.exe: Permission denied
bash-2.01$ cygtclsh80.exe
bash: /Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32/bin/cygtclsh80.exe: Permission denied
bash-2.01$ cygwish80.exe
bash: /Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32/bin/cygwish80.exe: Permission denied
bash-2.01$ pwd
/Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32/bin
bash-2.01$

Try to run from Windows NT Exlorer
==================================
Double clicking on tix4180.exe, cygtclsh80.exe or cygwish80.exe produces a
dialog box with the message like (the file name changes of course):
C:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\tix4180.exe is not a valid Windows NT
application.

Try to run from MS-DOS window
=============================
I get the same sort of dialog box when I try to run from a MS-DOS window
plus I get an Access denied message in the MS-DOS window.

C:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32>tix4180
Access is denied.

C:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32>cygtclsh80
Access is denied.

C:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32>cygwish80
Access is denied.

C:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32>
--
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom Epperly	[email-masked]	 Ph:617-949-1860    FAX:617-949-1030
Aspen Technology, Ten Canal Park, Cambridge, MA 02141-2201 U.S.A.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".