Subject: RE: Window with Scroll Bar
From: [email-masked] (Bob McGowan)

12 Mar 1998 10:42:58 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]

Allan,

With the B19 install, a shortcut is created that runs a batch file which
runs in a command window and starts the bash shell.  What this means is
that the window is a standard Windows type and can be configured using
the window's Properties menus.  Bring up the bash window, select the
title bar with the mouse pointer and right click, select properties and
you will have the Properties window.  The tab for "Layout" has an option
for "Screen buffer size".  Increasing the value for "height" will give a
vertical scoll bar, "width" will give a horizontal scroll bar.  In the
tab titled "Options", there are two check boxes, one for "QuickEdit
Mode" which allows text selection, copy and paste using the mouse, and
"Inset mode" which changes the line edit mode so the default is to
insert characters rather than overwrite them.  Click OK and in the
dialog box that comes up select the check box that says "modify shortcut
which started this window" if you want this to be a permanent change.

Now, all of this works for me on my WinNT 4.0 SP3 system under B19.  I
can even use the up/down arrows to scroll through a "command history"
and find all the commands run during the current invocation of this
window.  Some keys, such as HOME and END do not work but the left/right
arrow keys do so I can even get at characters in the line to edit them.
This works best if the aformentioned "Insert Mode" is enabled.

----
Bob McGowan
i'm bobmcgow at xstor dot com
Storage Dimensions, Inc. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Allan Dobbins [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 1998 9:07 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Window with Scroll Bar

I've downloaded B19, but the window in which bash runs doesn't have a
scroll
bar.  Is it possible to specify that the window should have scroll bars,
and if
so how, or is it necessary to use X to get this functionality?
(I notice that the standard DOS shell window does not have scroll bars,
but
that
I can get a scroll bar in the (Windows95/NT) telnet window by increasing
the
buffer size.)

Allan Dobbins
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message
to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".