Subject: Cannot build executable
From: [email-masked] (Wayne Walker)

12 Mar 1998 05:35:41 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?  The error looks like it is parsing
the arguments to gcc wrong.  It appears to be attempting to open a file
name -lsocket rather than libsocket.a

This is what I get when I try my first build with the cdk (b18, because
my programs will HAVE to exec Win32 apps without closing file
descriptors).  GCC_EXEC_PREFIX is set to:

C:\gnuwin32\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\

I loaded in the default location.

bash$ make httpsvc
gcc -o httpsvc httpsvc.o sgi_utils.o -L/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/lib/  -lsocket -lresolv -lnsl -lucb
/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/bin/ld.exe: cannot open -lsocket: No such file or directory
gcc: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 1
make: *** [httpsvc] Error 1

Thanks for any help you can provide!
-- 

Regards,
    Wayne

Wayne Walker - Tools Developer - [email-masked]
Tivoli Systems, Inc. - (512) 436-8351

[Seen on a bumper sticker] - It was so nice when the windows were washed,
the mice were trapped, and UNIX tended the harem.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".