Subject: Re: rcs problems in B19 (patch) : bug in API function readlink()
From: [email-masked] (Ian Lowrey)

12 Mar 1998 05:35:16 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
To: Wolfgang Guelcker <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

In article <[email-masked]>, Wolfgang Guelcker
<[email-masked]> writes

>The problems arise due to a bug in the B19 cygwin API function
>"readlink()".

[snip details+patch]

Many thanks, much appreciated (RCS is quite important to us!) Do you
have any view on the change I introduced to make things work correctly
in B19 "text" mode, i.e.:

diff orig/rcs-5.7/src/conf.sh /usr/local/src/rcs-5.7/src/conf.sh
550c550
< #     define FOPEN_R_WORK (Expand==BINARY_EXPAND ? "r" : "rb")
---
> #     define FOPEN_R_WORK (Expand==BINARY_EXPAND ? "rb" : "r")
552,553c552,553
< #     define FOPEN_W_WORK (Expand==BINARY_EXPAND ? "w" : "wb")
< #     define FOPEN_WPLUS_WORK (Expand==BINARY_EXPAND ? "w+" : "w+b")
---
> #     define FOPEN_W_WORK (Expand==BINARY_EXPAND ? "wb" : "w")
> #     define FOPEN_WPLUS_WORK (Expand==BINARY_EXPAND ? "w+b" : "w+")

My reading is that the workfile should be opend in "text" mode (r/w)
unless doing a binary expand, when it should be in "raw" mode (rb/wb)?
(Without this change ci fails on text!=binary mounts, all is ok on
text=binary either way). Is this an error in conf.sh or have I missed
the bus?
-- 
         Oooo.    | Ian Lowrey
  .oooO  (   )    | [email-masked]
  (   )   ) /     |
   \ (   (_/      | "All dressed up with no place to go
    \_)           |  On a music box that never stops..."
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".