Subject: Re: On the subject of the
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

11 Mar 1998 21:16:54 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

>From: Administrator <[email-masked]>
>To: "Gnu-Win32 Archive (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: On the subject of the "go slow" & telnet
>Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 19:57:50 -0000
>
>Very odd. I have now got telnet working and I find the response
>extremely quick. If I kick off a number of command shells running bash
>they all hang around for ages before giving me a prompt. The telnet
>session (via Reflections 1) is instant. I find that all the command
>prompts hang... and then they all free up simultaneously.
>
>One other point - when running a telnet session (either via reflections
>or a command shell), all attempts to run vi fail, presumably because
>they can only be run in a "DOS" type window. All that vi, vim, elvis,
>etc, do|does is to hang until I CNTRL C it, ie no full screen editing.
>Has anyone got a fix for this?

Go get the cygwinb19.dll update from Christopher Faylor's page.  To 
communicate with non-cygwin built programs you must "SET CYGWIN32=notty" 
before entering bash.  The notty setting must remain if you modify the 
CYGWIN32 variable later or the child processes won't be able to cope and 
may cause a crash and core dump.

>
>Lunto

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=gnu-win32&r=1&w=2#gnu-win32
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com
add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

Help for Win32 Beginners: http://www.relisoft.com

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".