Subject: Cygwin32 developers source snapshots and mailing list
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

11 Mar 1998 21:12:37 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

Hi all,

Some people on the list have requested a more open development model
for Cygwin32 (i.e. the Bazaar model).  I think this is definitely
worth it, now that b19 is out the door.  As I have mentioned before, I
would really like to try to increase the role of the Net in developing
Cygwin32.

The first step in making that happen involves making current
development sources available to those people who are interested.
As of this mail, current sources for the Cygwin32 library (the
winsup directory) will be available for ftp from

	ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/noer/winsup-snapshot

There are only two sorts of people who should ever get these
snapshots:

1) People who want to hack on the winsup sources and contribute
patches back to the project.

2) People who want to improve the Cygwin32/GNU-Win32 documentation
found in winsup/doc in the sources.  This includes the FAQ and README
files.

The sources will usually compile, but they should always be assumed to
be unstable and contain untested, experimental code.  Unless you want
to modify the code, you should definitely wait for a regular release.

The other announcement of note is the availability of a new Cygwin32
developers mailing list called cygwin32-developers.  This list will be
used solely to discuss Cygwin32 library internals and as a place to
send patches to the Cygwin32 library.  You should be able to subscribe
to it in the normal way.  Please do *not* join this list unless you
intend to participate in Cygwin32 development -- I would like to keep
the list relatively small if possible.

Hopefully I will get a list of things to do up on the WWW site soon
and be able to spend more time coordinating volunteers.

Regards,

Geoffrey Noer
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".