Subject: Re: Mailing List Search Engine (was: Re: I'm New)
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

11 Mar 1998 20:53:06 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

>Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 13:51:14 -0600 (CST)
>From: John Corey <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: I'm new
>
>
>On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Larry Hall (RFK Partners Inc) wrote:
>
>> >BTW--I *did* look at the archives for this list, but, unfortunately, 
it is
>> >not searchable. I apologize for this post, because I realize the 
list must
>> >get one of these everytime someone like me downloads the program, 
but I
>> >could not find a similar post in the archives.
>> 
>> Yes, it is true that searching the mail archives is not an obvious 
option.
>> Earnie Boyd has suggested the use of two engines for just this task.  
They
>> are:
>> 
>> http://www.findmail.com
>> http://www.search.com
>
>I have recently found a very good mail list archive & search site.  
They
>have several lists the track.
>
>The list of mail lists is at: http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/
>The Gnu-Win32 one (if Earnie wasnt to add it in his list) is:
>http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=gnu-win32&r=1&w=2#gnu-win32
>

Thanks for the info John.

Hey Geoff,
You need to add this to your list of links too.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=gnu-win32&r=1&w=2#gnu-win32
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com
add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

Help for Win32 Beginners: http://www.relisoft.com

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".