Subject: Re: Problem with rcs...
From: [email-masked] (Christopher Faylor)

11 Mar 1998 20:16:42 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

In article <[email-masked]>,
Earnie Boyd <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Goto Christopher Faylor's page and get the cygwinb19.zip file.  He has a 
>new version which may help.  Before starting bash try setting 
>CYGWIN32=notty.  If that doesn't work then exit bash set CYGWIN32=tty.  
>If that doesn't work, report it to Christopher.
>
>NOTE: You cannot change the [no]tty value in the CYGWIN32 value after 
>bash has started.  This could cause crashes and core dumps.

I hope this isn't the case.  I might have inferred that in previous email
but what I meant was that under B18 you could get really strange behavior
if you unset CYGWIN_TTY.  Under B19, you can unset it, but if your shell
is using a tty for stdin/stdout/stderr, etc., then all of its subprocesses
will as well.
-- 
http://www.bbc.com/	[email-masked]			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".