Subject: [Fwd: [MiKTeX]: Latex won't stop at error]
From: [email-masked] (Erwin Achermann)

11 Mar 1998 04:38:51 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------7E6C9D3741FB74B54F948C09"
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------7E6C9D3741FB74B54F948C09
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Is it possible that all of these inconveniences are stemming from the
new implementation of Filedescriptors mentioned in the FAQ? If so it
would be well worth to switch back to b18 as far as Filedescriptors are
concerend.

Cheers Erwin
PS: wonder how long this mail will take to appear on the list... 

-- 
Erwin Achermann                               Tel:      ++41 1 632 74 40
Institut fuer Wissenschaftliches Rechnen      Fax:      ++41 1 632 11 72
ETH Zentrum, IFW C29.2         mailto:[email-masked]  ICQ:4625051
CH-8092 Zuerich	               http://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/acherman/
>  Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, <
>  but when there is no longer anything to take away.                  <
>                                          -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery <
--------------7E6C9D3741FB74B54F948C09
Content-Type: message/rfc822
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [MiKTeX]: Latex won't stop at error
From: Christian Schenk <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Mar 1998 13:02:52 +0100
Sender: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

"Oleg Yu. Raisky" <[email-masked]> writes:

> 	when I run latex with bash as a shell (cygnus port of GNU Bourne Again 
> 	Shell), it doesn't. It just keeps scrolling and scrolling. If I 
> 	kill it, I can catch a glimpse of some kind of text menu, which 
> 	is not shown under COMMAND.COM. 

imho this is a bash (cygwin32 b19) bug.  you can watch this behaviour
with other (all?) console applications that were not built with the
cygwin32 tools.

--------------7E6C9D3741FB74B54F948C09--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".