Subject: Re: Cygnus b19 gcc and Mingw32
From: [email-masked] (Christopher Faylor)

11 Mar 1998 03:04:55 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

>Ok. I tried your cygwinb19.dll.  I tried "ls | more.com".  more.com 
>doesn't stop; it just spews the data out like it was a cat.
>
>Was your cygwinb19.dll supposed to fix that problem?  The CYGWIN32 
>environment variable is set to tty.

Nope.  It wasn't supposed to fix that problem.  TTYs in CYGWIN32 are
implemented using pipes.  I suspect that more thinks that since its
standard output is a pipe, it should not be doing its normal page
operations.  I don't think there *is* a way to fix this problem.

My CYGWINB19.DLL was supposed to fix problems with using programs
like ftp.exe which didn't wait for input.
--
http://www.bbc.com/	[email-masked]			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".