Subject: directory structure clarification
From: [email-masked] (Garrick A Kremesec)

11 Mar 1998 00:22:29 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Garrick A Kremesec <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Hello all,

   I'm rather new and I mounted all my directories without the -b option
to mount them as text!=binary and everything (for the most part) worked
well.  After reading the mailing list for a few weeks, I noticed that most
of the time, the -b option is recommended, so I changed my mountings and
ran into many oddities.

    Then, I added set CYGWIN32=binmode to my cygnus.bat (which, I
thought was suppossed to be automatically there with B19).  This solved a
few problems, but there are a few "glitches."

    For instance, when I hit ctrl-C during a configure or make command, it
locks up my whole computer!  Also, when I type exit, it prints it to the
screen several times and doesn't always exit.  If I revert back to
text!=binary structure, these things dissappear.

    Also, when I run configure for the binutils, it tells me that I need
to set the CC environment variable.  Set it to what?  CC1.exe?  GCC.exe?

So, after that bloated email above, which of the directories should be
mounted with the -b option?  All of them?  Here is my mount table:

i:\var		/var	native	text=binary
i:\usr		/usr	native	text=binary
i:\etc		/etc	native	text=binary
i:		/	native	text=binary
i:\bin		/bin	native	text=binary

-> B19 in i:/cygnus/...

Also, could anyone post a general purpose cygnus.bat file that the pro's
on this mailing list would happily use?

Thanks incredibly in advance,

Garrick Kremesec
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".