Subject: Re: Cygnus b19 gcc and Mingw32
From: [email-masked] (raf)

10 Mar 1998 23:35:11 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

>cgf:
>Sorry about this.  My ISP is claiming that I shouldn't be using .gz
>formats on my files but should be using some standard format like
>.zip.  Files ending in .gz are misidentified by their HTTP server.

>I will probably do that soon, but in the mean time, I'm trying various
>routes to see if they will fix the problem.

>If anyone would like to offer suggestions to the [email-masked] on
>how to solve this problem, feel free.

ok, i just sent them my 2c worth.
gzip not a standard indeed!
what planet did they come from :-?

do you think renaming the file to cygwinb19-dll.gz could help?
or (until your isp gets its act together) rename it to
cygwinb19-dll.zip and mention the need to rename it upon download?

seeya,
raf

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".