Subject: Re: Cygnus b19 gcc and Mingw32
From: [email-masked] (Christopher Faylor)

10 Mar 1998 18:57:39 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

>>>Ok. I tried your cygwinb19.dll.  I tried "ls | more.com".  more.com 
>>>doesn't stop; it just spews the data out like it was a cat.
>>>
>>>Was your cygwinb19.dll supposed to fix that problem?  The CYGWIN32 
>>>environment variable is set to tty.
>>
>>Nope.  It wasn't supposed to fix that problem.  TTYs in CYGWIN32 are
>>implemented using pipes.  I suspect that more thinks that since its
>>standard output is a pipe, it should not be doing its normal page
>>operations.  I don't think there *is* a way to fix this problem.
>
>Well the fix is to undo the changes and go back to the way it was 
>handled.  My example worked in b18, it should work now.  One of the 
>beauties about this was that I was able to live in both worlds.  Now, I 
>have to exit bash to execute a native program.

What are you talking about?  What changes are you referring to?

If you don't use CYGWIN32=tty then MORE should work correctly with my
..dll.  Are you saying that MORE doesn't work when CYGWIN32=notty?

Apparently you are using Windows 95.  There have always been problems
with tty support in Windows 95.

>THAT WILL NEVER WORK!!!

There is no reason to shout.  I'm trying to help.  Calm down.
--
http://www.bbc.com/	[email-masked]			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".