Subject: Re: I'm new
From: [email-masked] (John Corey)

10 Mar 1998 18:57:37 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Larry Hall (RFK Partners Inc) wrote:

> >BTW--I *did* look at the archives for this list, but, unfortunately, it is
> >not searchable. I apologize for this post, because I realize the list must
> >get one of these everytime someone like me downloads the program, but I
> >could not find a similar post in the archives.
> 
> Yes, it is true that searching the mail archives is not an obvious option.
> Earnie Boyd has suggested the use of two engines for just this task.  They
> are:
> 
> http://www.findmail.com
> http://www.search.com

I have recently found a very good mail list archive & search site.  They
have several lists the track.

The list of mail lists is at: http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/
The Gnu-Win32 one (if Earnie wasnt to add it in his list) is:
http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=gnu-win32&r=1&w=2#gnu-win32

This site is great if you just want to browse a list, especially ones like
the linux kernel that gets 3000+ messages a month.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".