Subject: Mingw (gcc 2.8.1) and sh/bash
From: [email-masked] (Axel Riese)

10 Mar 1998 07:02:24 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked] (GNU-Win32)

Hi * !

I downloaded Jan-Jaap's new version of Mingw32/gcc (March 8, I think) and
encountered the following strange problem.

If I run gcc from COMMAND.COM everything works fine. If I instead run it
from sh or bash, compilation works but linking fails without doing
anything. Moreover, typing gcc -v gives nothing, whereas from COMMAND.COM
I see that the specs file is found. With version 2.8.0 I did not have
this problem.

If you know the reason, please answer also directly too me, since I had
to remove myself from this list (200 messages this weekend were too much
for me...).

Best wishes,
            Axel

===========================================================================
Axel Riese
Research Institute for Symbolic Computation
J. Kepler University Linz
Altenbergerstrasse 69                           Phone: +43 (0)732 2468 9981
A-4040 Linz                          e-Mail: [email-masked]
Austria             URL: http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/ariese/home/
===========================================================================
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".