Subject: Re: Compiling EGCS: no luck
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

10 Mar 1998 01:46:35 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

>Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 13:07:18 +0100
>From: Michael Lemke <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Compiling EGCS: no luck
>Cc: [email-masked]
>
<snip>
>Another try:
>   read the install docs.  Say to (and I did)
>
>   mkdir objdir
>   cd objdir
>   ../egcs-1.0.1/configure
>   make
>   
>This didn't get me anywhere.  The configure runs fine, creates all the
>Makefiles and directories in objdir.  But make says after listing a few
>lines from the Makefile:
>
>   no rule to make target argv.c
>   

You need to add the switch to tell configure where the source directory 
resides.  Type "configure --help" to determine what to add.

>So make doesn't find the source tree!  All the VPATH variables are set
>correctly.  Seems to me make is somehow broken.  Another message on the 
list
>suggested to remove the spaces around the = signs in the VPATH 
assignments
>but it didn't help.  MAKE_MODE=unix too.
>
<snip>

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com
add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

Help for Win32 Beginners: http://www.relisoft.com

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".