Subject: Perl compilation problems
From: [email-masked] (chris yambo)

9 Mar 1998 20:47:13 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi, I am trying to compile perl 5.004_04 on my win95 system and it
eventually gives me this error:

bash gcc2   -o miniperl miniperlmain.o libperl.a -lcygwin -lm -lc
-lkernel32
libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x6ec5):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to
`getnetbyname
'
libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x6f47):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to
`getnetbyaddr
'
libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x6f55):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to
`getnetent'
libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x713f):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to
`getprotoent'

libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x738f):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to
`getservent'
libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x7506):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to
`sethostent'
libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x754a):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to
`setnetent'
libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x758e):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to
`setprotoent'

libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x75d2):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to
`setservent'
libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x75fb):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to
`endhostent'
libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x763f):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to
`endnetent'
libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x7683):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to
`endprotoent'

libperl.a(pp_sys.o)(.text+0x76c7):pp_sys.c: undefined reference to
`endservent'
make: *** [miniperl] Error 1

I tried to add the library libwsock32.a to the list of dependencies to
pp_sys.c but it still didnt work.  Can anyone help me.

I also have a tip for anyone trying to compile perl on a win95 system
ctrl-z allows you to answer every question when you run the configure
script.  and for some reason I kept getting a permission denied when the
configure script calls the gcc2 wrapper script I entered bash gcc2 as
the compiler.
-- 
chris
_____________________________________________________
+-----------------------+thought bubble productions
web+--------------------+http://www.thoughtbubble.com
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".