Subject: Mounts and relative pathnames
From: [email-masked] (Kenneth Chiu)

9 Mar 1998 18:33:03 -0800
Message-ID: <Pine.BSF.3.96.980309114827.323A-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@localhost>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

I seem to have a problem with 'ls' and relative pathnames.  I have
searched the FAQ and the mailing list archives, but haven't found
anything.  Suppose I do the following sequence:

    mount N:/root /
    mount N:/dir1 /usr
    cd /
    ls usr

I would expect to see the contents of N:/dir1, but instead I see
nothing.  If I type 'ls /usr', I see what I expect, so I think I'm
executing the correct 'ls'.  If I type 'cd usr', and then 'ls', I
also see what I expect.  Here is what my mount table actually looks
like:

Device                        Directory           Type        Flags
N:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32 /usr                native      text!=binary
N:\tmp                        /tmp                native      text!=binary
\\.\tape1:                    /dev/st1            native      text!=binary
\\.\tape0:                    /dev/st0            native      text!=binary
\\.\b:                        /dev/fd1            native      text!=binary
\\.\a:                        /dev/fd0            native      text!=binary
N:\root                       /                   native      text!=binary

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".