Subject: Re: please don't repost - the list *is* slow
From: [email-masked] (Guy Gascoigne - Piggford)

9 Mar 1998 18:30:49 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke), [email-masked]

At 03:14 PM 3/8/98 +0100, Michael Hirmke wrote:
>please don't repost messages, which you don't see on the list the next
>day. At the moment the list *is* slow and your postings can take two or
>three days to get through. If you keep reposting your messages, the list
>will get even slower.

FYI, the list has been slow since I joined it (8 months ago) and usually
takes over a day for mail sent to the list to appear.  Last week though it
reached a peak, when some mail took 8 days to reach me.

By a very, very long way, this is the slowest list I've ever seen (and I'm
on another 7 lists here which manage to do just fine so I don't think that
the problem is at this end!).

Guy

-- 
Guy Gascoigne - Piggford ([email-masked])
Software Engineer, Informix Software, Inc. (Portland, Oregon)

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".